Select Advanced Materials & Composites Companies in Maine
Historical Track Record with Textiles
Although no longer the largest industry, Maine’s textile heritage has resulted in the creation of the next generation of high-tech advanced materials. Products range from flame retardant fabrics for use in aircraft and aerospace to fabrics containing fiberglass and composite materials.
Why Choose Maine for Advanced Materials?
- Up to 10% labor cost savings
- Pine Tree Zone program offers 100% Corporate Income Tax Credit for the first five years
- Northeast region encompasses Washington, Philadelphia, New York, and Boston
- Proximity to 18% of the population of the United States and the world’s fourth largest economy
- Research facilities, training, and education support the industry