Select Advanced Materials & Composites Companies in Maine
Fiber Materials, Inc. (FMI)
Fiber Materials, Inc. (FMI) designs, develops, and manufactures components and products that serve a range of applications from industrial insulation and friction hardware, to thermal protection systems (TPS), rocket motors and missile nose tips. FMI materials can be found inside industrial furnaces, at the National Air and Space Museum, and on the surface of Mars. READ MORE
Why Choose Maine for Advanced Materials?
- Maine is home to leading manufacturers of advanced materials and its secondary markets as well as smaller, specialized companies excelling in: bio-based composites, extreme applications, infrastructure, marine technologies, and transportation.
- Maine’s textile heritage has resulted in the creation of the next generation of high-tech advanced materials, ranging from flame retardant fabrics to fabrics containing fiberglass and wood derivatives.
- Research facilities, training, and education that collaborate with industry and promote innovation
- Proximity to large markets in the U.S. and Canada
- Northeast U.S. region encompasses Boston, New York, Philadelphia, and Washington